Plunge yourself in the fascinating history and beautiful scenery of Guatemala, on your Antigua vacation. See some of the best-known destinations here as you take a city sightseeing tour, enjoy a boat ride on Lake Atitlan, stopover at the Mayan ruins of Yaxha and Tikal, hike up Pacaya Volcano and do much more. Plan this all-inclusive tour including transportation and overnight accommodation, making it a convenient way to get the most out of your trip to Guatemala city!
The country is hilly with small deserts and sand dune areas, valleys, except for the south coastal area and the vast northern lowlands. Guatemala City, is the capital and largest city of the Republic of Guatemala and Central America.
The city is located at 14°38′N 90°33′W, in a mountain valley called Valle de la Ermita in the south central part of the country Guatemala.
Temperatures are lowest in the south of the city which is at the highest altitude. City is generally mild, almost springlike, throughout the course of the year. It occasionally gets warm during the dry season, but not as hot as other sea-level cities located in the tropics. The hottest month is April. The rainy season extends from May to October while the dry season covers the remainder of the year.
- The average annual temperature ranges from 22 to 28 °C (72 to 82 °F) during the day, and 12 to 17 °C (54 to 63 °F) at night.
- Average morning relative humidity: 82%, evening relative humidity: 58%. Average dew point is 16 °C (61 °F).
- Best of sightseeing tour of Guatemala City
- Take a guided trip to the charming colonial city
- Enjoy a sightseeing cruise on Lake Atitlan and explore the lakeside town Panajachel
- Get an insight of the local culture in the Tzutujil village of Santiago de Atitlan
- Visit the ancient Mayan ruin site of Tikal in UNESCO World Heritage-listed Tikal National Park
- Discover the historical significance of the impressive Mayan ruins of Iximche and Yaxha
- Know about the history and culture of this place from your expert English-speaking guide
For recreation, you can visit 4 Grados Norte: pedestrian roads that offer great entertainment, commerce and cultural activities, and Zona Viva, an area of Zona 10 that has become the main center for nightlife.
City of Guatemala is a beautiful start to your trip to Antigua. Admire the sights as you walk along the paved streets on the city sightseeing tour.
Explore the UNESCO World Heritage listed Tikal National Park and learn about the importance and history of each archeological wonder. You may enjoy an endless list of things to do here as the city has a lot to offer for all ages.
For a full itinerary, book your tour via Tropic Link and enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner in the luxurious restaurants. Enjoy the accommodation and luxury of 5 star hotels with amenities including room service, business centers and swimming pools.